March issue of Air Gunner on sale now!
- Credit: Archant
With one of our beloved contributors taken ill, Phill Price had to look elsewhere to get this issue done
Inside the issue:
Webley Raider 12
A look at a new lamp - Nightsearcher
Hunting in Arizona
CO2 pistol - X9 Classic
Scope: Hawke Endurance SF
- 1 Airgun law in the UK
- 2 How far can a sub-12 ft.lbs air rifle shoot?
- 3 Weihrauch HW100 - test & review
- 4 Pellet test: Precision Ballistics Mako hollow-point slug
- 5 Gun test: BSA Meteor Evo Silentum springer
- 6 Gamo Whisper Sting Kit - test & review
- 7 Is a springer or gas-ram air rifle best for HFT?
- 8 Watch: How to shoot a spring gun accurately, with Gary Chillingworth
- 9 Weihrauch HW57 - test & review
- 10 Why the Weihrauch HW40 PCA deserves more of our attention
... and much more!
Editor Phill Price says:
This was a strange month because one of our longest-standing contributors had health problems and couldn’t deliver his usual four-page collector’s article.
I’m proud to say that, in John Atkins, we have one of the most respected writers and most knowledgeable collectors in the world of airguns writing for Air Gunner. He has been a loyal supporter of the magazine for several decades. I hope he gets well again soon so we can once again delight in his expertise and knowledge.
Needing somebody to cover for him, I contacted another well-loved collection expert who writes for our sister magazine, Airgun World. John Milewski told me it would be an honour to fill the pages while his collecting hero recovers. He admitted that John Atkins has been a huge influence on him and inspired him to collect and write about airguns. It all had the feeling of the protégé standing in for his mentor, and I’m truly touched by the respect between the two men.
Although I know many of you will miss Mr Atkins’ words in the March issue, I’m sure you’ll find Mr Milewski’s article very entertaining and enjoyable too. I’m also sure that you’ll join me in wishing John a complete and speedy recovery.